Hey hey! It’s Festivus time! Festivus Fingernails 2018, to be precise! Well I’m a day late and a dollar short, but it is that time of the year and we can’t forget the non-Christmas types now, can we?
I even created a foil Pole symbolic of Festivus customs (see below), adorned with a crystal to create the “i” in the word Festivus which I shoddily free-handed whilst standing up (sore back thing) in gel paint. Not my best work LOL!😂
NERD FACT: Festivus is held on the 23 December, and if you have never heard of it then you should know that it was created by American author Daniel O’Keefe, and catapulted into pop culture courtesy of Seinfeld. In an episode that his son Dan wrote.
This pseudo-holiday has several Customary practices:
- A slogan: “A Festivus for the rest of us!”
- Instead of the traditional tree, it is marked by a bare aluminum pole, symbolic of anti-holiday materialism.
- Festivus attendants often participate in the “Airing of Grievances” – the act of telling others how they have disappointed you in the past year.
- Followed by a Festivus dinner
- Tradition states Festivus is not over until the head of the household is pinned. Wrestling match terminology for the “Feats of Strength” custom.
- Festivus Miracles
In the words of Frank Costanza, the ideal pole’s “very high strength-to-weight ratio” is appealing.
And that concludes my Festivus Fingernails 2018 Post. See the products & supplies list below!
I appreciate and read all the comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts and questions below
SUPPLIES USED FOR THIS NAIL ART:
- Foil Moyra: @moyra_nailpolish_and_stamping #wearecolours
- No. 423/623 Tsunami – El Corazon: @el_corazon_shop @el_corazon_art_direct #elcorazon
- Candy 000 Brush – Mitty Burns: @mitty_burns #mittyburns
- Foil – Moyra: @moyra_nailpolish_and_stamping #wearecolours